Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Two Kids in Uniform


First, the GOOD NEWS to share (from one very happy mom): My son Abe just received confirmation of his assignment to a NON-DEPLOYING unit ... He's staying home! Yes, I know he has time left in the uniform, and yes, I know you can never be absolutely sure with the Army, but I'm celebrating today. Abe is staying home!! And I'm living in this day believing he'll be here when Tommi comes back, and she will come back. We'll be together again. Abe is staying home!

The shadow behind my celebration is in reading again of the internal/emotional struggle it is for Tommi to continue in her work as the days crawl by at the gate in Iraq. The competing expressions of "Tommi" are fighting for attention, and as difficult as it can be to struggle with those currents when you're safe at home, I can only imagine the challenge of navigating the swirls of conflicting interests from a theater of war.

So, yes, I'm celebrating today (Oh, yeah ... Abe doesn't have to go!!) and I'm remembering Tommi, too ... only 140 days to go, or Mr. Bush only thought he had trouble with Cinday Sheehan.


technorati tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary, you have such a good-looking couple of kids. No surprise that, seeing the pix of their mom!

Congrats on Abe's situation. Hopefully it won't come to it, but if you have to setup a vigil camp to get Bush's attention, just put the word out and half of Planet Blog will be at your side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home